- Pastor Rolf Woodard
Daily Inspiration - Sunday, April 19, 2020
The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy, making wise the simple. The precepts of the LORD are right, giving joy to the heart. Psalm 19:7-8
It is not at all incredible, that a book which has been so long in the possession of mankind should contain many truths as yet undiscovered. No other book has had a greater influence on the course of history than God's Word.
Consider the testimony of greats from previous generations:
• George Washington: It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and the Bible.
• Abraham Lincoln: I am profitably engaged in reading the Bible. Take this entire Book that you can by reason and the balance by faith, and you will live and die a better man. It is the best Book, which God has given to man.
• Thomas Jefferson: I have always said that a studious perusal of the sacred volume will make better citizens, better fathers, and better husbands.
• John Quincy Adams: So great is my veneration for the Bible that the earlier my children begin to read it the more confident will be my hope that they will prove useful citizens of their country and respectable members of society. I have for many years made it a practice to read through the Bible once every year.
• Daniel Webster: If there is anything in my thoughts or style to commend, the credit is due to my parents for instilling in me an early love of the Scriptures.
What is your testimony on the importance of God's Word?
Father, help me to place the kind of priority on Your Word that reflects my trust in You - and that sows seeds of greatness in me. In Jesus Name, I pray, Amen.